A Look Back At 2019
We are a few weeks into 2020, and so far it looks to be a promising year for our organization, our employees and our clients. But before we get too far into the year, we thought it was important to share a few of the highlights from 2019. Consider this a recap of MRPC’s year.
- We launched a new, FDA registered “finished” medical device for Sleep Apnea. We officially began production of the product mid-year. The total solution for this client includes our sub-assembly/finished assembly services in addition to our two-material molding capabilities. The device consists of multiple thermoplastic components that are assembled using ultrasonic welding, and then bonded to liquid silicone rubber (LSR) molded parts to create the finished device assembly. The device is then 100% inspected and tested using an automated visual inspection system prior to final packaging.
- We completed the final phase of updates to the MRPC Northeast Division. The final phase included facility upgrades, as well as the completion of a new, ISO Class 8 certified clean room. And, to celebrate, we hosted an open house in late October for clients and prospective clients in the area.
- We invested in a Stratasys Objet30 Prime 3D printing machine to expand our rapid prototyping offerings to our clients. This technology has enabled us to reduce lead-times and reduce overall project timelines by allowing us to build fixtures and components to evaluate fit and function design elements.
- We advanced our utilization of automation and process monitoring technology, which will enable us to increase our productivity in 2020, and in future years.
- We began the implementation of a companywide IQMS ERP system. Having all three of our locations on the same system will allow us to receive real-time data from our factories and enable us to increase productivity. Our Northeast Division launched the new system in August. Headquarters and the Southeast Division launched in January 2020.
We believe it was a successful year, and set the foundation for a strong 2020. Already, our teams are involved with two material molding projects, utilizing the unique processes of chemically or mechanically bond two materials together, as well as discussing our sub-assembly and finished assembly capabilities with clients looking for a one-stop resource. We’re also having further discussions with those that attended our Northeast Division Open House.
There’s more to come in 2020, and we are looking forward to it! If you’d like to speak with us about our capabilities, please contact us.